Welcome to a fun new podcast where two teacher candidates discuss the positives and negatives of bringing in technology and social media into elementary school classrooms. We discuss the relation of technology and mental health, and the considerations that need to be thought about before bringing technology into the classroom.
- Robinson, Lawrence. “Social Media and Mental Health.” HelpGuide.org, www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-health/social-media-and-mental-health.htm
- “The Importance of Mental Health Awareness in Schools.” Hey Teach!, 5 Feb. 2020, www.wgu.edu/heyteach/article/importance-mental-health-awareness-schools1810.html
- Gillard, Julia. “Screen Time and Students’ Mental Health.” Australian Council for Educational Research – ACER, 4 Nov. 2019, www.teachermagazine.com.au/columnists/julia-gillard/screen-time-and-students-mental-health
- Kim, S., Favotto, L., Halladay, J., Wang, L., Boyle, M. H., & Georgiades, K. (2020). Differential associations between passive and active forms of screen time and adolescent mood and anxiety disorders. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 55(11), 1469-1478. doi:10.1007/s00127-020-01833-9
- Gillihan, Seth J. “Does Technology in the Classroom Help or Harm Students?” Psychology Today, Sussex Publishers, 13 Aug. 2018, www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-act-be/201808/does-technology-in-the-classroom-help-or-harm-students